Throwing a ball and having your dog fetch it is one of the most popular activities for dog owners and their companions. It’s great for the dog’s physique, the bonding between the dog and the owner, and it’s simply lots of fun.
However, if your dog seems to always want to play, it won’t be long until you grow tired of the constant ball throwing. Sooner or later you will start wondering: is there any way you can make this task easier for yourself? Perhaps, a dog toy that throws ball on its own? Luckily, there is a solution that will work both for you and your pooch. Check out our list of best dog ball launchers on the market!
Best Automatic Ball Launchers
An automatic ball launcher isn’t the most affordable option for entertaining your pet, but it does offer some considerable advantages like independent play and innovative design. Here are 6 best automatic ball launchers of the year.
iFetch Too Interactive Ball Launcher
This device is the cousin of the iFetch launcher we mentioned earlier, but this one is created specifically for larger breeds. With the iFetch Too launcher you will be able to enjoy the following features:
- The device comes with 3 tennis balls that are around 2.5 inches in diameter. Like the other iFetch launcher, this one can easily work with regular tennis balls if the stock ones get dirty or damaged.
- There are three launching distances: 10, 25, and 40 feet. You can effortlessly choose between the distances using a button or try the random setting to keep the game even more fun for your pup. Thanks to the variety of launching distances, the device can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- The iFetch Too ball launcher is powered by a rechargeable battery, which means you’ll never know the hassle of replacing the batteries when the old ones run out.
How about an interactive toy for your furry friend that looks like the good old dog bone but is actually filled with numerous state-of-the-art features? Wickedbone’s Smart Bone is one of the most popular additions to the interactive toy market of the year. Here is what you will get with your Wickedbone toy:
- The many modes available in the Smart Bone will make sure your pup never gets bored. You can easily choose the right mode for autonomous play or for some dog-owner bonding activity.
- The toy and its tires are made from food-grade polycarbonate, which is not only exceptionally safe for your pup, but also extremely durable and able to sustain great pressure.
- The battery of the device takes just 1 hour to charge and will last you and your dog up to a month, depending on how you are going to use it.
The treat dispensing balls are the most popular variety of interactive dog toys for a reason: they give the pup lots of joy and work great for building a bond between the dog and its owner. The treat ball from Our Pet has several benefits:
- The toy comes in two sizes and a variety of colors, making it easy to find just the right one for your pooch.
- The ball is made from non-toxic plastic and can be effortlessly taken apart for cleaning.
- As your dog learns to operate the treat ball, you can adjust the difficulty level to introduce an element of challenge into the play
KONG is a renowned manufacturer of smart dog toys, and the Wobbler is one of their bestsellers. It looks fairly simple, but it’s actually very functional:
- The Wobbler can be used not only as a treat dispenser, but also as your dog’s primary feeding device in case you need to extend the feeding time.
- The unique feature of the KONG Wobbler is the unexpected bounce that will keep your pooch entertained for hours.
- The polymer used in the toy is both food-grade and extremely durable.
Unscrew the top to instantly fill the toy with your dog’s favorite treats.
This toy is nothing like the interactive dog toys you’ve seen earlier on our list. There is no rubber or moving parts, but the Outward Hound toy can give every member of your household as much joy as a typical dog toy:
- The device can be enjoyed individually by the dog or used in a game of fetch with the owner.
- The toy comes in four sizes, where the number of squirrels ranges from three to six.
- Your pooch will spend hours looking for the squirrels inside the toy and will be thrilled by the squeaky sounds the squirrels produce.
- You can add more characters to the toy for extra novelty.
Since it probably isn’t your first time looking for a practical and fun interactive dog toy, you are probably familiar with the highly popular Chuckit launcher, which makes playing ball with your dog both easy and satisfying. This is the next best thing from Chuckit — the same great functionality with a glow in the dark design:
- The glow in the dark design not only adds a fun visual element to your bonding time with your dog, but is also essential for early morning or late night walks.
- To charge your Chuckit Glow launcher, simply place it under the sun during the day.
- While flying through the air, the ball from the launcher produces a noticeable whistling sound, making it easy for your dog to spot the direction the ball went.
- Like all Chuckit ball launchers, this toy is absolutely safe and durable for your pup.
- The unusual texture of the ball helps keep your dog’s teeth and gums clean.
- Whether it’s used as a treat dispenser or a ball for fetching, the toy will give the dog and the owner hours of unlimited fun.
- The toy works great for dogs who need to spend a long time on their own without getting bored.
Why Does Your Dog Need Interactive Dog Toys?
If an interactive dog toy does not seem like the most essential purchase to you, here are 5 reasons why you and your furry friend are guaranteed to benefit from an interactive toy:
- It promotes exercise
These days, most dogs don’t have as much opportunity for movement as they did at the beginning of times. The majority of dogs only get about an hour of activity after their human comes home from work. An interactive dog toy will provide your dog with plenty of exercise.
- It stimulates the mind
As much as dogs need physical activity, they also cannot remain happy and healthy without healthy mental stimulation. Most interactive dog toys require the dog to solve a puzzle and apply his problem solving abilities, and the result is equally gratifying for the dog and the owner.
- The right size
Always check the recommended size of the dog when thinking about buying an interactive dog toy: small toys for large dogs pose a threat of choking, and small dogs simply won’t be able to fully enjoy a toy designed for larger breeds.
You don’t want your new interactive dog toy, which can be rather expensive to fall apart in less than a week of use. Always consider your pup’s chewing habits and the material of the toy.
If your dog is prone to allergies, always inspect the toy to see which materials were used in it. Moreover, try to avoid toys where your dog can bite off a piece — it can have serious consequences for the pup’s health.
Most importantly, the interactive toy you pick for your dog should be fun. It should match your dog’s personality and tastes. A dog who is not likely to enjoy a fetching session will likely feel rather indifferent towards an interactive fetch toy. Make sure you are choosing a toy that your dog will find interesting.
Some dog owners may consider interactive puppy toys to be too excessive, but when a single toy can give your pup endless fun and stimulate its development, you should definitely consider interactive dog toys to be a great investment.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?