The latest version of Chromecast by Google promises new UI and enhanced functionality on a budget that is sure to change how most consumers consume streaming service content. Google TV on Chromecast helps consolidate all of your content from all of your subscribed services to your home screen, instead of providing dedicated applications for each program.
This makes it much simpler to browse for content and even get customized suggestions from various providers based on watch history. But did you know that, as you move along, you can also add products and material to your watchlist? Let’s take a look at how on your computer you can do so.
- Your Google account signed in to the device that you wish to use
- Your Google account setup on your Chromecast with Google TV
- Your Chromecast connected to a WIFI network
Instructions and Guides
It’s a fairly easy method to add things to your watchlist on Google TV. Google has tried its best to streamline its process while holding your watchlist on your Google account that was previously established. On Google TV, these lists are then synced to the same Google account, which helps to get your Chromebook watchlist. For all computers, let’s take a look at the comprehensive method.
Simply navigate to a show / movie that you want to add to your watchlist once your Chromecast is set up.
To view the preview page and info, select the movie / show. You can now see the ‘Watchlist’ button below the basic content synopsis.
Use your Chromecast remote to highlight and select the watchlist and the content will be automatically added to your watchlist.
On iPhone and iPad
Open ‘Safari’ on your iOS device and navigate to Google.
Now search for the concerned TV show/movie using Google.
Google will now show a tiled listing for the movie/show with a trailer preview and synopsis. Tap ‘Watchlist’ to save it your list of movies/TV shows to watch.
The Watchlist button will now turn green and the show/movie should now be added to your watchlist.
You can now head back to your Chromecast, and your computer can sync the watchlist automatically. When synced, your new Chromecast should have the new show / movie available on the watchlist.
On Android, iPhone and iPad
Open the browser app of your choice (like Chrome, Safari, etc.) and visit google.com. Make sure you are logged in on Google with the same ID you are using on your ‘Chromecast With Google TV’.
Now look for the movie / TV show on Google that you want to add to your watchlist. In this scenario, we’ll take a look at ‘Love Death Robots’. After typing your movie / TV show’s name, hit the enter key.
Google will now show you a tiled listing of the show/movie you searched for at the top. Scroll down and tap ‘Watchlist’.
The Watchlist icon should turn green now and you should add the material to your Watchlist now. With Google TV, go back to your Chromecast and the newly added content should now also be synced with your Chromecast watchlist.
On Windows and Mac
Open the browser app of your choice (like Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc.) and visit google.com. Make sure you are logged in on Google with the same ID you are using on your ‘Chromecast With Google TV’.
Open the browser on your system and navigate to ‘Google’.
Now search for the show/movie that you wish to add to your Watchlist.
You should now see all the search results as well as a curated tile for the show/movie to the extreme right of your screen.
Click ‘Watchlist’ within this tile.
The show / movie in question will now be added automatically to your watchlist, which should sync every second with your Chromecast. Go back to your TV and navigate your Chromecast to the Watchlist. Right at the end, the newly added listing should show up.
How to fix watchlist not syncing with Chromecast issue
There could be a couple of reasons why you could be facing this issue. Let’s take a look at them.
- Latency / Sync Times: It is better to wait a while if the content does not instantly show up. It takes Google a few minutes to identify and process all the recent updates to your account and various related services, which is why it may take a few minutes to update the Watchlist with the latest content.
- Make sure you’re connected to a network: Make sure all of your computers are connected to the network. This means the computer that you use to search for Google listings as well as your Chromecast. If one computer is removed, the synchronization process will stop and the new content will only be accessible via your devices in the watchlist until it is linked to the network.
- On Chromecast, sign-out and sign-in again: this is the last way that you can try to solve all your sync and compatibility problems. Google account configurations can often not sync properly and have problems in the background that may affect the functionality of features such as watchlist.
- . Removing the account and signing in to it again should help you solve any such errors.
We hope this guide has helped you quickly add new things on your new Chromecast with Google TV to the watchlist. If you have any more questions for us, please use the comments section below to reach out.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?