Home security cameras should be part and parcel of every household and for some obvious reasons. First, they let you keep tabs on your security and privacy whether you are at home or at the office. Then, there are times when handy evidence can save your life and pride. What better than HD recording taken from some of the best home security cameras!
Features You Should Look For In Home Security Cameras
We’ll keep it short and sweet. Here is a list of features that you should look for in a security camera
|Easy SetupHD indoor and outdoor recording|
Wider field of view
Integration with virtual assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant
Ability to have a conversation with visitors through cellphone and PC
Cloud storage – free or paid
Rechargeable or not Wired or wire-free
Customizable motion detection
Image enhancing capability
Best Home Security Cameras You Can Buy In 2020
On the basis of features above, here we have compiled the list of some of the best security cameras –
1. Arlo Pro 3 – Best Security Camera For Outdoor and Indoor Security
Arlo Pro 3 is worth every penny spent. It promises to keep your privacy intact, both outdoors and indoors.
Apart from the basic features like two-way audio, night vision and motion detection, here are some of the most notable features of Arlo Pro 3 –
- Easy setup and app integration
- Arm/ Disarm modes and inbuilt siren
- Advanced alerts on the basis of the person, vehicle, animal and object. See clearer details with 2K HDR
- You can see colors at night
- Wider field of view (160°)
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant integration
Ring Stick Up is one of the most sharp home security cameras, rendering 1080p video. Again, it is one of those security cameras that monitors indoor and outdoor security and captures motion-sensored videos.
Ring Stick Up Cam Battery comes with a multitude of features. Some of the features that make it stand apart are mentioned below –
- See, hear from and talk to visitors from a cell phone, PC or tablet
- Live view using which you can check your home at any time of the day
- Easy setup – insert the battery pack and then connect to the Wi-fi
- Can be paired with Alexa and Echo dot
- With Ring Protect Basic at $3/month, you can review what might have missed for 60 days
3. Blink XT2
Blink XT2 takes security monitoring onto the next level by letting you go wire-free. All you have to do is turn the camera on, sync it with your device and that’s it! You are all good to go.
- Easy setup which requires no professional assistance
- Customize motion detection, which means you can choose zones to detect motion
- Free cloud storage so that you can store your recordings without any service charges or additional fees
- 1080p HD day and infrared night recording
- Talk to visitors with the help of cellphone, tablet or smartphone with 2-way audio feature
If staying on budget is your goal, you might not look at Nest Cam IQ Outdoor but even then you cannot deny the fact it is one of the best security cameras for outdoor monitoring. The best part is that you don’t need batteries because you can plug it directly into power.
Here are some of the notable features of Nest Cam IQ outdoor –
- 1080p HD outdoor recording
- Spectacular two-way audio so that you can conversate with the visitors
- 130° wide view
- Loud sound alerts – it alerts you in case it hears loud sounds
- Intelligent image enhancer, zoom and tracking
- Sturdy and elegant designing
- Weatherproof – adapts to all weathers
Home Alone? Worry Not! You’re Safe Now
We’ve listed some of the best home security cameras and some of the common features that you would expect from home security cameras, yet there are many that might have slipped from our mind. So, If there’s something that we didn’t mention here, do let us know in the comments section below and we shall update this list
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?