Even if you have short movie clips or songs to insert, a good video editing tool can surely be your right bond. This is why, we are discussing some smart movie makers for Windows 10 that help you with making cute or professional videos at the same time. Are you ready? Keep scrolling!
How To Decide The Best Movie Maker Software For Windows?
- A good movie maker software is easy to understand and use, be it for a beginner or an expert.
- It must consist of additional tools like effects, text, animations, etc. The addition of images or videos should be easy alongside.
- It must be capable of adding your favorite music at the backend while you can edit, trim, merge or throw effects in it.
These are the basics a good movie maker for Windows 10 shall contain. Let’s find out the features in the listicle below.
Best Movie Maker Software
1. MiniTool Movie Maker
This movie maker for Windows 10 is such a simple and easy solution to all those who want to make movies quickly. Once you collect all your clips in the photo album, you are free to create animations and add elements to your story.
What’s More With MiniTool?
- The interface is pretty simple, to begin with where you can import your files. Now add titles, transitions, or effects without having any real experience of movie making before.
- Fan of Hollywood style trailers? Again this movie maker is yours by choosing a template and create something exciting.
- Studio quality titles, perfect aesthetic senses, and trimming or splitting videos are just perfect for you to make movies.
Pros:Animations, drag & drop tools and multiple templates available.Supports HD resolution.Cons:Social media sharing of movies is not possible.
2. Microsoft Windows Movie Maker
Microsoft is unbeatable when it comes to the best movie maker software for Windows 10. It is beautiful to view, edit photos and videos while allowing you to create different albums. Moreover, you can instantly make the remix of your video with fine-tune adjustments as and how required.
What’s More With Microsoft Windows?
- Add any music, filters, texts, and effects to make the video look exciting and expressive.
- 3D effects like running fireball, lightning, and a swarm of butterflies could be added for more excitement.
- Moreover, you can remix your video and audio to change the pace, style, and music. Cool, right?
Pros:Extremely user-friendly and perfect for the beginners.GIFs and texts can be inlined beautifully along.Cons:Large and extensive videos are not able to be handled by the tool.
3. Movavi Video Editor
Just like Microsoft Windows movie maker, Movavi has one of the simplest user interfaces, a wide range of tools and support for most of the input and output media formats. Let’s understand the details below to figure out why Movavi is one of the best movie maker software.
What’s More With Movavi Video Editor?
- Vast editing tools include transition, callouts, stickers, animations, sound adjustment, panning or zooming, etc.
- This tool allows you to capture audio or video from multiple sources like webcams, HD camcorders, TV tuners, etc.
- Interestingly, it can support 4K video quality, which is indeed huge support for those who believe in quality content on screen.
Pros:Advanced editing featuresVideo rendering speed is really good.Cons:Very basic color grading tools
Price: $28.39 per month
Making movies is a process simpler than ever with this movie maker on Windows 10. OpenShot is pretty simple to look at as well as to use yet very powerful. Video effects in OpenShot are immense, like removing background from video, inverting the colors, or adjusting the brightness.
What’s More With OpenShot?
- It is a cross-platform video editor. Hence, if the work was started in Windows, it could later be finished on Mac or Linux.
- Render beautiful 3D animations for titles, effects like flying text, lens flares, etc.
- The power of time lies in your hands. Control the video speed, reverse or slow down anywhere. In fact, you can add on the preset for further animation.
Pros:Simplest interface and easily navigable.3D video editing with loads of audio tools to support.Cons:It doesn’t allow social media sharing directly from the platform.
Known for a complete video creation package, Lightworks is a smart tool for film editing and has also been used in cinematic history earlier. Moreover, this is the best movie maker software as it allows you to make from simple social media videos, YouTube videos to 4K film projects. You do not want to say no to 720p resolution right coming out from the software.
What’s More With Lightworks?
- Editing timeline and trimming them is one of the simplest things to do on Lightworks.
- You can access royalty-free music and video content straight from the software itself.
- It supports a wide range of file formats along with variable frame rate media.
Pros:Lightweight for the system and use less storage space in Windows PC.Real-time ready to use audio and video FX.Cons:File organizer is missing for future analysis.
Price: $24.99 per month
How about having a free, open-source and cross-platform video editor on your PC which can support a wide range of formats? We believe there is a yes! And so why not when Shotcut can support resolution up to 4k and capable of capturing from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK and pulse audio. Moreover, it is codec independent and indeed, the best movie maker software.
What’s More With Shotcut?
- Hundreds of video filters like audio light visualization, blur, brightness, flip, glitch, text, HTML, etc. considering it the best movie maker software.
- Editing features like hiding, mute or track controls, append or insert in the timeline, unlimited undo, or redo are available.
- UI translations are available in so many languages, including Chinese, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, English, Thai, Turkish, or much more.
Pros:Supports HD resolution for most of the videos to be published online.No watermarking comes for your videos.Cons:Collaboration or social sharing is not available on Shotcut.
7. VSDC Videos Editor
Starting from the most simple interface, VSDC can build the movies of the most complex nature. It is a non-linear video editor, which says that elements can be placed in any position on the timeline without the need to have a linear sequence. Other parameters, positions, and shapes of objects can be changed at later stages. Almost all audio, video, or image formats are supported with this movie maker on Windows 10.
What’s More With VSDC Videos Editor?
- A number of visual or audio effects are present here based on the category of color correction, object transformation, object filters, transition effects, and special FX.
- Masking elements to hide, blur or highlight certain objects on the video are available.
- Easily export the movies to social networks like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, etc.
Pros:Motion tracking tool for registering and tracking the movement of objects.Objects in the scene can be noticed with subpixel accuracy.Cons:Previewing the video has to be done on another application.
Price: $19.99 per month
Create unlimited videos and movies for your fans and post them on YouTube using Videopad. This movie maker for Windows 10 is fully featured with visual effects, transitions, and much more. In fact, you can burn movies to DVD and Blu-ray or export them to your portable devices.
What’s More With Videopad?
- Videopad is a simple tool that supports popular video formats seamlessly. Whether you capture videos using a camcorder, GoPro, or webcam, formats like avi, wmv, mp4, apng, mpeg, etc. are acceptable.
- More than 50 visual effects are present with this amazing movie maker software. Finally, you can export movies in resolutions like HD, 2K, and 4K.
- Smooth transition between the two clips is really important to avoid any breakages. Videopad surely does justice to the same!
Pros:Supports a large number of file formats.Share videos on YouTube, Vimeo or Flickr using the same credentials.Cons:Fewer features as compared to its competitors.
Price: Starts from $39.95
Blender is an open-source 3D creation tool that is free to use and supports a variety of things like modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, composition, and motion tracking along with video editing. You would be surprised to know that Blender is a public project and developed by students, scientists, VFX experts, animators, game artists, modders, and many more.
What’s More With Blender?
- Numerous animated short films have been developed using Blender and they all possess great sound sync, story art, etc.
- This movie maker for Windows 10 can combine 2D and 3D right in the viewpoint. There is full support to animation with Onion skinning.
- You can use multiple add-ons created by the community to make the movie-making experience better.
Pros:Supports output formats.MP4, .AVI, .FLV, .MOV, .MPEG4, etc.Powerful character animation tools do make it a great movie maker software.Cons:Learning it by yourself could be a tough task.
Price: $17 per month
Last but never least, Avidemux is an absolutely free video editor for everyone, especially beginners. This tool is designed for simple cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks with utmost support to multiple file types like AVI, MP4, ASF, MPEG, etc.
What’s More With Avidemux?
- It is a cross-platform and non-linear video editing tool that supports many codecs and files.
- Filtering options like auto-resize, gauss smoothing, chroma shifts, black borders, etc. are available.
Pros:Group file or video editing is possible with this best movie maker software.Relatively easy to use and put your hands-on for the beginners.Cons:Its interface does not look as fresh as others.
Read more: 7 Best Mental Health Podcasts To Listen To Right Now
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I get Windows Movie Maker for Windows 10?
Absolutely, Yes! As the name suggests itself, Windows Movie Maker is made for Windows users and can be used by them to create amazing movies, videos, films, and more. Download it from microsoft.com, and you are ready to go. Moreover, Windows Movie Maker is absolutely free of cost.
Q2. What is the best free Movie Maker for Windows 10?
There are many free movie makers for Windows 10. Amongst them, Windows Movie Maker is the best one to go for. Apart from that, Windows Movie Maker, OpenShot, and Avidemux can be considered as trustworthy and amazing movie maker software for Windows 10.
Q3. What is a good replacement for Windows Movie Maker?
Various replacements for Windows Movie Maker are here to note for. We recommend MiniTool movie maker or Movavi video editor as a good replacement.
Now when you have a list of best movie maker software for Windows 10, you just need to pick the right one for yourself. From Movavi video editor to Windows Movie Maker, OpenShot to VSDC video editor, every option is unique in its sense.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?