Thankfully, Chrome gives us an error ‘This file appears to be malicious. Are you sure you want to continue?’ If you trust the source, you can agree and allow the download. Moreover, if you are looking for other ways round how to stop Chrome from blocking downloads, this guide is meant for you.
However, Google Chrome prompts ‘<filename> is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it‘ in confirmed cases of a threat after the recent update. In this case, you can choose only to DISMISS it and cannot stop Chrome from blocking downloads.
Become extra sure from not getting your hands into malicious websites by adding an extension called Tweaks Web Protection on your Chrome browser. It makes sure that you browse legitimate sites, and none of the cloned, malware-laden, and porn websites could reach you.
You can even add websites into ‘Allowed domains’ to make an exception from the barred list. This extension also makes sure that your family members and children stay away from downloading anything unnecessary under a cloud of intelligent threat detection.
How To Stop Chrome From Blocking Downloads ?
As Chrome can block downloads from unknown sources, we have got you another way round. We also assume that you are sure about downloading files from the trusted source and hence looking for a method not to block any downloads.
Step 1: Open the page from where you want the download to take place.
Step 2: Click on the three dots on the top right corner and click on Settings.
Step 3: Go to Privacy & Security from the left menu bar. Alternatively, you can type chrome://settings/privacy and hit enter.
Step 4: Click ‘More’ from the right panel of Privacy and security.’
Step 5: Toggle off the switch mentioning ‘Safe browsing (protects you and your device from dangerous sites).’ This step stops the browser from blocking downloads.
Step 6: Go to the tab from where you wanted to download the file. And you will be able to download the file you have been looking for.
Step 7: Once the file is downloaded, visit Settings > Privacy and security and toggle on the switch once again. It will make sure that you do not get into any other malicious sites.
And with these steps mentioned above, you can stop Chrome blocking automatic downloads.
Things To Consider When Unblocking Restricted Downloads
- You might have stopped Chrome from blocking downloads, but you must take care of your PC from any threat. After all, you do not want to put your data in a jeopardized state. This is why Advanced System Protector must guard the system, which is also a combination of other relevant features. From browsing protection to pushing performance lags, Advanced System Protector is a one-stop solution for all.
- There are many reasons why hackers want to invade your privacy, and you must know how to avoid them. Any restricted download may have threats that may interfere with your data protection.
- Beware of phishing attacks! Please make yourself aware of the method by which hackers hide their phishing URLs and try to keep a safe distance from incoming threats.
- If you have a slightest of doubt about a website and its activities, better block it permanently. Once you keep this website at bay, inform the same thing to local cyber cell for further protection to others.
- Read This: How To Activate The Flashlight On My Phone In 4 Best Ways
Now that you know how to stop Chrome from blocking downloads or dangerous files, we still want to raise awareness that you must download from trusted and reliable websites only. Even if you are under a potential malware or virus, keep yourself rigged with anti-malware software for Windows in advance
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?