Chromebooks are a implausible machine for common Users because it comes built-in with a lot of the fundamental instruments. If you wish to take a screenshot on Chromebook, you may simply do it with a mix of shortcut keys. You don’t want to put in any third-party app as Chrome OS permits you to take every kind of screenshots together with full-screen, window, and partial snaps. Nonetheless, I’ve talked about a third-party app in case you’re searching for an entire software that has options like annotation and screen-recording too. So with all that mentioned, let’s go forward and learn to take a screenshot on a Chromebook.
Take Screenshots on a Chromebook (Up to date July 2020)
- Take Screenshots with Keyboard
- Take Screenshots with Buttons in Pill Mode
- Take Screenshots with Stylus
- Take Screenshots with Chrome Extensions
- Take Screenshots with an Exterior Keyboard
Take Screenshots with Keyboard
1. Full-screen Screenshot: If you wish to take screenshots on Chromebook, the best method is to press Ctrl and the Overview button without delay. It will immediately take a screenshot of the entire display screen.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
Now, open the Information app and you’ll discover the screenshot below the “Downloads” folder.
You may also paste the screenshots instantly into photo-editing apps, Gmail, or some other media discipline. Once you take a screenshot on Chromebook, click on on “Copy to Clipboard” on the bottom-right nook. It will copy the screenshot to the clipboard. Now, paste on any media discipline and there you should have it.
If you wish to sync your screenshots to Google Drive then transfer the file to the “Google Drive” part. Simple peasy!
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
3. Partial Screenshot: And if you wish to freely take a screenshot of a selected space then press Ctrl, Shift, and the Overview button. The display screen will dim after which you may choose the proper space to take a screenshot in your Chromebook.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + Overview button (simply above the 6 key)
Take Screenshots with Buttons in Pill Mode
If you wish to screenshot on Chromebook in pill or tent mode then press the facility and both of the quantity buttons without delay, just like smartphones. You don’t must press and maintain; simply press and launch the buttons without delay. A full-screen screenshot Will be captured immediately.
- Shortcut: Energy + Both of the Quantity buttons
Take Screenshots with Stylus
1. Full-screen Screenshot: When you have related a stylus together with your Chromebook then a “Stylus” menu will seem on the bottom-right self. Open it and choose “Seize Display” and it’ll take a full-page screenshot in your Chromebook.
2. Partial Screenshot: And if you wish to take a partial screenshot, click on on the “Stylus” menu and choose “Seize Area”. Now, you should use your stylus, contact, and maintain someplace on the display screen after which drag to pick out an space. After that, launch the stylus and a screenshot Will be taken.
Take Screenshots with Chrome Extensions
So that’s how one can screenshot on a Chromebook natively. In case you are searching for a extra versatile and highly effective screenshot software then take a look at the Nimbus extension (Free). It permits you to take every kind of screenshots and in addition affords display screen recording and on-screen annotation.
Take Screenshots Utilizing an Exterior Keyboard
1. Full-page Screenshot: When you have related an exterior keyboard to your Chromebook then you may take a screenshot by urgent Ctrl and F5 without delay. It really works very equally to the native Chromebook shortcut, however you should press F5 rather than the overview button.
2. Window Screenshot: Equally, for a window screenshot utilizing an exterior keyboard, press Ctrl, Alt, and F5. It will immediately take a screenshot of the present window.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + F5
3. Partial Screenshot: Lastly, press Ctrl, Shift, and F5 to take a partial screenshot utilizing an exterior keyboard. The display screen will dim mechanically after which you may choose a area simply.
- Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + F5
Incessantly Requested Questions
Q. The place do the screenshots go on a Chromebook?
All screenshots are saved below the “Downloads” folder. Simply open the “Information” app and transfer to the “Downloads” folder and there You have it. If you wish to change the screenshot location, you are able to do so from Settings -> Superior -> Downloads -> Change.
Q. What’s F5 on a Chromebook?
Merely put, F5 on a Chromebook is the overview key which is usually situated above the 6 key. You’ll be able to press it together with Ctrl to take a screenshot.
Q. What’s the Swap Key on a Chromebook?
The Swap secret’s once more the identical because the overview key. It’s used to modify home windows on a Chromebook so it’s known as the Swap key.
Take a Screenshot on a Chromebook Like a Professional
In order that was our brief article on learn how to screenshot on a Chromebook. We have now provided all of the methods to seize a screenshot, together with native and a third-party extension strategies. Whereas the built-in shortcuts are ample for me, some Users desire a full Solution from annotation to free-style crop choice. In that case, go for the third-party extension that I’ve talked about above. Anyway, that’s all from us. If you wish to be taught extra about Chromebooks then keep tuned with us as we deliver some extra cool stuff about Chrome OS.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?