Though macOS had got widgets way back in 2014 with the launch of OS X Yosemite, they had been quite restricted in terms of performance and customization similar to their iOS counterparts. But things have modified big time with the introduction of macOS Big Sur. For a change, the brand new widgets are not simply more practical but in addition provide some customization for a personalised expertise. So, if you’re prepared to learn how to use widgets in macOS Big Sur on your Mac, You have arrived at the right place.
Tips to Customize Widgets in macOS Big Sur
Expectedly, macOS Big Sur widgets work in sync with iOS 14‘s widgets. So, you can choose the preferred size and even customize them. Though macOS doesn’t allow you to place widgets on the desktop right now, things may change later given how aggressively Apple needs to improve widgets expertise.
Right now, the widgets library doesn’t boast a huge assortment. But it’s best to count on the library to get a ton of cool widgets earlier than later. Notably, if You have a common iOS app that comes with a widget, it is possible for you to to use its widget on Mac as well.
Quick Links of the Topics Covered Below
Access Widgets on Your Mac
It’s quite simple to access widgets in macOS Big Sur. You can access them by clicking on the time in the menu bar. Apple has built-in Notification Center with the widget panel for fast navigation.
Add a Widget to Notification Center on your Mac
Depending on your wants, you can easily add widgets to your Notification Center to take a look at the essential that the particular widget has to provide.
1. First off, click on the time at the top right nook of the screen.
2. Now, click on Edit Widgets option on the bottom.
3. Next up, choose the popular dimension of the widget.
4. Next, discover the widget you need to add to the Notification Center. Then, hover over the mouse on the widget to reveal the “+” button. In the top, be sure to click on Done to confirm.
Perfectly Rearrange Widgets in the Notification Center
1. To get going, click on the time in the menu bar.
2. Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on Edit Widgets.
3. Next, drag the widget at the right place. Once You have completely rearranged the widget, click on Done to confirm.
Remove Widgets from Notification Center on your Mac
If you no longer need to preserve any widget in the Notification Center, you can shortly remove it.
1. Click on time at the top right nook on your Mac.
2. Scroll down and click on Edit Widgets.
3. Find the widget which you need to remove. Then, click on the “-” button to the left of a widget to remove it from the notification heart. After that, click on Done on the bottom to confirm.
Tips to Customize Widgets in macOS Big Sur on Mac
So, these are the methods you can get probably the most out of widgets on your Mac working macOS Big Sur. Though macOS doesn’t have a ton of widgets right now, it’s simply a matter of time earlier than they are going to be in huge numbers.
macOS Big Sur options a customizable Control Center, vastly improved Messages app with Memojis and results, and a well-though-out battery setting to enhance the battery lifetime of Mac. Which one among these options has impressed you probably the most? It could be great to know your ideas.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?